Teaching space vocabulary to your preschoolers? The “I Have, Who Has” game is a great way to make learning new words fun and interactive. This popular classroom game can be easily adapted to teach a variety of vocabulary, including space terms. Our free printable cards feature large photos and easy-to-read words, making it perfect for young learners.
Space Vocabulary Development Game: I-Have-Who-Has
Our students really enjoy playing I-Have-Who-Has. It’s a great way to practice new vocabulary.
How to Play this Space Vocabulary Game
- Print out the cards and cut them out.
- Gather a small group of students, enough for each child to get one card.
- Start by reviewing all the vocabulary words on the cards to ensure that children know what they are.
- Mix up the cards and give one card to each student.
- Invite a child to begin and “read” their card, “I have [vocabulary word]. Who has [another vocabulary word]?”
- Show the class an example card and have them read the vocabulary word and corresponding picture together.
- The student with the card that has the corresponding vocabulary word will respond by holding up their card and saying “I have [vocabulary word]!
- They can compare their card to the control image on the first child’s card to see if they identified it correctly.
- This child can now finish reading their card and ask, “Who has [another vocabulary word]?”
- This will continue until all of the vocabulary words have been reviewed by the class.
How To Get This Printable
I’ve added this printable to the Resource Library so head over there if you’d like to download a copy for yourself. The Library is a free resource for our newsletter subscribers. If you’re already a subscriber, your password is in the most recent newsletter. If you’re not a subscriber yet, please sign up below. The password will be included in your welcome email after you confirm. Thank you very much for joining me!