Simone Davies from The Montessori Notebook is working on a fantastic book about raising toddlers in a Montessori way. You can get all the details on her Kickstarter page and pre-order a copy for yourself too!
Here’s Simone on a recent FB Live explaining her project
Simone has graciously offered to give away a copy of her book (once it’s published) to one lucky Trillium Montessori reader! Simply enter your information in the Rafflecopter form embedded below. The rafflecopter will close at 11:59PM Monday 9/18 (EDT) and a winner will be randomly selected the next day.
A winner will be chosen at random once the giveaway closes. Simone Davies will contact the winner via email to get more information. The book is due to be published in February 2018 and will be delivered at that time.
If you didn’t win, no worries! You can still pre-order a copy on the book’s Kickstarter page!
This book is the perfect gift for parents of 1-3 year old children. It is beautifully illustrated, features gorgeous photos from Montessori homes, and is full of practical advice, written by an AMI trained Montessori teacher and mom.
The book covers:
- Changing how we see toddlers
- An introduction to Montessori
- Montessori activities for toddlers – creating activities that engage and provide just the right challenge for them
- Setting up the home – getting rid of the chaos and creating inviting spaces
- Parenting a Montessori toddler – keeping them curious and responsible
- Putting it into practice – all your questions about sleeping, eating, toileting etc
- Being the adult – how we can prepare ourselves to raise our toddlers
- Working together – working with grandparents, babysitters and family members to get them on board
- What’s next – and after toddlerhood comes more…
- Real stories – a peek into some real homes
If you’re a Montessorian or the parent of a toddler (or know the parent of a toddler!!), this is a worthy book for your library.