Presented by the Montessori Foundation
and International Montessori Council
Fundraising During a Time of Crisis for Montessori Schools
A free intensive, practical 4-week short course from the Montessori Foundation
Begins April 13, 2020
- Dr. Valaida L. Wise, Montessori Educator, Experienced Head of School, Montessori Foundation Senior Consultant
- Tim Seldin, President, The Montessori Foundation, Chair, IMC, Headmaster, NewGate School
- Monday, Series of 4: Beginning, April 13th, 2:00 – 3:30 PM EST
- Space is limited. Register by clicking this link: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAlduuvrDoukQANdBW4Iv2-VAGPt7c3XQ
Follow News from the Montessori Foundation and IMC here: https://www.montessori.org/home/news-and-announcements/
Fundraising can be challenging even in the best of financial times, but amid a crisis, the thought of fundraising can be daunting.
This is especially true for Montessori school leaders who may have never felt comfortable asking for donations.
But fundraising in a time of crisis can be done successfully. In fact, there are individuals who are particularly close to your school and this situation may speak to them. They may come forward as champions for the school heroes, making the meaningful major gifts that will both solve immediate problems and inspire additional generous future support. Saving your school may give them great pleasure.
How do we find them and how do we create a fundraising program that fulfills the schools’ needs and builds community?
The Montessori Foundation and the International Montessori Council have developed a 4-week virtual course that will help you:
- Develop a clear and realistic development plan
- Tell your story by knowing your “why”
- Learn how to cultivate donors
- Learn the psychology behind why people give
- Engage your board
- Build a culture of philanthropy
- Make the ask
This course will meet over 4 weeks once a week for 90 minutes. Sessions will be recorded. It will provide opportunities for you to learn from school leaders who have been successful in this area. We will guide you through the development of your school’s individual plan of action to raise the money you need.
We want to express our gratitude for your friendship and continuing support for the Montessori Foundation’s work. Thank you for who you are and what you do to improve the lives of children.
“If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.” –Antoine De Saint-Exupery
Space is limited. Register by clicking this link: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAlduuvrDoukQANdBW4Iv2-VAGPt7c3XQ