helping teachers translate Montessori principles into practice in the classroom
For Montessori Primary Guides (Ages 3-6)
Registration for Principles to Practice is closed. If you would like to be notified when we open again, please join the waiting list.
If you are already registered, log in here and then go to "My Courses". If you need assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have these questions, you are not alone.
We created this program because over the years in our work with Montessori professionals, we have heard variations of these questions over and over again.
"I think I'm doing everything they taught me in training but something seems to be missing."
We think the missing ingredient is experience, and that is what we hope to offer here. In p2p you can tap into the experience of Montessori professionals who have walked this path and figured out a few things. Learn the strategies, firmly rooted in Montessori principles, that have been tried and tested in the classroom environment.
We will dig in to the nuances of your classroom management questions. You will learn how an experienced Montessorian might tackle a particular scenario.
- What steps should you take to begin analyzing what is going on?
- What external factors might be at play here?
- What adjustments might you make to the environment?
- How might you change your own behavior?
- What words might be effective here?
- What kind of body language might you use?
- Should you get the families involved?
- And what long term goals should you keep in mind through the whole thing?
As we revisit basic Montessori principles and illustrate how they can be applied in different real classroom scenarios, you will leapfrog to new levels of understanding and begin to fill in the gaps in your application of the principles.
When you went through Montessori training, you received the tools you needed to be successful as a Montessori guide.
In p2p you will learn how to master the use of those tools.
- 1 hour video training each month
- 1 hour PD certificate each month
- Up to 10 participants
- Need to sign up more participants?